Have you been living in Australia for a long time? Have no close relatives to comfort you? Want to bring your family members to Australia but don’t know which type of visa to apply for?Worry no more, there are a number of ways available to bring your loved ones to Australia. Citizens and permanent residents have many visa options to relocate their family members.

Partner Visas

The partner visa category applies to fiancés, spouses,and those in same sex relationships.

The Partner (Provisional) Visa & Partner (Permanent) Visa

The spouses or defector partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents can reside in Australia with the help of this visa category.This is the first step towards bringing your partner in Australia. You will have to fill only one application for both the visa applications mentioned above. If granted, you become eligible for permanent visa after a period of two years. This visa lets your partner enter, stay, work and study in Australia.

Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300)

This visa is for those individuals who want to marry their potential partners from Australia. This is temporary visa for nine months, which allows your partner to enter, travel, work and study in Australia. If granted, you are eligible to apply for a partner’s visa.

Parent Visas

Parent Visa (103)

This subclass of visa is applicable to parents who have offspring residing in Australia.The parents must be sponsored and meet the Balance of Family Test requirements. There can generally be long waiting period before this visa is approved.

Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143)

This visa allows parents to stay permanently in Australia. This visa has high processing costs but is generally processed faster. It has the same requirements as subclass 103. You can also apply for this visa if you already have a subclass 173 visa.

Contributory Parent Visa 173 (Provisional)

This is a tentative visa valid for a period of two years. It has the same requirements as subclass 103.

Child Visas

Child Visa (subclass 101)

This visa permits a parent to bring their child to Australia permanently. It allows the child to travel, stay, study, work, and apply for an Australian citizenship. The parent must apply for the child if he/she is below 18 years of age.

Adoption Visa (subclass 102)

This visa allows an adoptive child to come live with their parents in Australia. The child can already be adopted or in the process of being adopted. The adoptive parent applies on the child’s behalf. Moreover, the child must be below 18 years of age.

Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

clear formSubmit